September 16, 2010 by erathhighalumniclasses
With fall comes the anticipation of football season and Homecoming each year. At this time, the Erath schools and community are preparing for its 61st Homecoming week which will be held October 18th-22nd.
The classes honored this year will be 1930, 1940, 1950, 1960, 1970, 1980, 1985 (25 years), 1990 and 2000.
With the theme “Homecoming Network 2010: Broadcasting a Bobcat Victory” in place for this year’s festivities, Erath High, Erath Middle and Dozier Elementary leaders have announced information concerning school schedules during that week. Each of the three schools set up pages on their school website to share important information concerning visitation, dismissal, etc. Website URL’s are listed below.
- Erath High Website: http://www.vrml.k12.la.us/ehs
- Erath Middle Website: http://www.vrml.k12.la.us/ems
- Dozier Elementary Website http://www.vrml.k12.la.us/dozier
Schedule of events
Wednesday, October 20, 2010
- Powder Puff Games and court presentation will be Wednesday, October 20th @ 6:00 P.M. (Robert J. Segura Stadium) Both the Homecoming and Powder Puff Courts will be presented, with the announcement of King and Queen made at that time. Class football games will be played. Homecoming Court and Powder Puff Courts here.
Thursday, October 21, 2010
- Hall of Fame Inductions will be held at the Erath Community Building on Thursday, October 21st @ 7:00 P.M. Hall of Fame Inductees are Tommie Pillette, Jacob Byler and Leslie Dronet Mencacci.
Friday, October 22, 2010
- Mass 7:00 A.M. @ Our Lady of Lourdes Catholic Church
- Community Visitation Times for the three schools are:
Erath High Visitation time 9:00-11:00
- Pep Rally from11:00 – 12:00 @ Erath High
- Homecoming Parade @ 12:30 P.M.
- NOTE: The parade will go directly to the Dozier Elementary campus parking lot this year. The approximate time to enter the Dozier gates will be around 12:45. See route here!
- Dismissal Time(s)
- EHS and EMS Dismissal will be after the parade. Dozier’s Dismissal will be around 1:30.
- Court Presentation – 6:15 P.M. (Robert J. Segura Stadium)
- Erath vs. Kaplan 7:00 P.M. (Robert J. Segura Stadium)
NOTE: Special guests Erath Natives, Randy Romero (Remarkable Ride) and Wendi Frederick Romero (Pilgrimage to Self), will be on the EHS campus for book signings during the EHS Visitation hours.
***With Classes preparing for Erath’s Homecoming on October 22, 2010, I decided to post some of the class sites that are honored. There are no links for classes prior to 1950 set up. The official classes honored @ EHS this year are 1930, 1940, 1950, 1960, 1970, 1980, 1985 (25th), 1990 and 2000. These are the classes that the school will officially invite to participate by the school, however I have heard some of the “5” years are doing some things on their own. You can see all sites set up so far below.
- 1930 decade (No links yet)
- 1940 decade (No links yet)
- 1985 (Honored with the school for the 25th)
The “5” years (some classes are doing things as well.)
All classes that have links can be found here: http://erathhighalumniclasses.edublogs.org/
- Erath Homecoming Memories 1
- Erath Homecoming Memories 2
- Erath Homecoming Memories 3
- Erath Homecoming Memories 4
- 2010 Homecoming Day (Dozier, EMS, EHS)
- 2010 Homecoming Parade Photos
- 2010 Homecoming Powder Puff Photos
- Missy Rosa’s 2010 HC Photos and Album 2
- Ann Lori Hebert’s HC Photos (Powder Puff, HC Day and Night)
- 2010 Homecoming Video Montage